Join a crew of footy enthusiasts for a day of Ted Lasso sightseeing, lunch in a London market, and a League One London derby at AFC Wimbledon.
4 in stock
Combine a fictional tale with a (true) fairy tale on this Boxing Day 2021 groundhop.
We’ll take in some of the Ted Lasso filming locations, have a pint in Ted’s pub, check out the shops on his street, maybe pick up some AFC Richmond gear, and then it’s off to Wimbledon for lunch in a local market and the derby featuring fellow London club Charlton Athletic in League One.
AFC Wimbledon is a “phoenix” club that rose from the ashes after the owner of Wimbledon FC moved the club to Milton Keynes to become MK Dons. They started in the 9th tier of English football and rose all the way to the third tier, even passing MK Dons at one point, and now they have built a new stadium in their traditional home, Plough Lane.
- $150 US per person, non-refundable
- 11:30 a.m. – Pick-up in Central London, transfer to Richmond. See the sights, have a pint at Ted’s local pub.
- 1:00 p.m. – Transfer to Wimbledon, pregame lunch in a fabulous local market, meet Wimbledon supporters.
- 2 p.m. – Off to the stadium to take in the pregame atmosphere.
- 3 p.m. – Kickoff!
- 6 p.m. – Drop-off in Central London.
Included in this Groundhop:
- Transportation as listed above
- Game Ticket
- Groundhopper Guides makes all of the arrangements.
- Our owner and founder, Paul Gerald, will be part of the crew.
Not Included in this Groundhop:
- Food and drinks
- Team gear and other incidental purchases
About Our Group Groundhops
Check out this post or the following video to find out more about Groundhopper Soccer Guides’ group outings: