TV Change Dates for the EFL Championship
When does television change game dates and times in the English Football League? We have all those dates here for the 2022-23 season.
Remember, when the schedule, or “fixtures list,” is first released, it will show everyone playing at the same time each week. But as you know from watching English soccer on television, they don’t all stay at the same time.
The changes are even more severe in the Premier League (when does TV change the Premier League schedule?), but in the Football League, they usually adjust — or “flex” if you’re American — a game or two per week in the Championship, and sometimes in League One or Two.
And they do this on a pre-announced schedule throughout the season.
TV Change Dates for EFL Championship
- Games until October 22: Already done.
- Games from October 29 to November 12: changes September 23.
- League One or Two games November 19 December 3: changes October 14.
- Games from December 10 to January 1: changes November 4.
- Games from January 14 to February 4: changes December 3.
- Games from February 11 to February 25: changes January 6.
For the rest of the season, they don’t guarantee these dates, but they are subject to a minimum notice — usually four weeks until the last two weeks of the season.
- Games of March 4 by February 3.
- Games of March 11 by February 10.
- Games of March 18 by February 17.
- Games of March 26 by February 24.
- Games of April 1 by March 3.
- Games of April 7 to 10 by March 10.
- Games of April 15 by March 7.
- Games of April 22 by March 24.
- Games of April 29 by April 7.
- Games of May 6 by May 1.